WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We believe the Bible is inspired by God and indicates His design and plan for mankind.
- We believe there is one true God revealed in three distinct forms...Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
- We believe that Jesus Christ was God’s son and was both human and divine.
- We believe though originally good, man willingly sinned –introducing evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- We believe that every person can have restored relationship with God through “salvation” (accepting Christ's offer of forgiveness for sin).
- We believe and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of sins and receiving Christ's gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for our salvation.
- We believe the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience following salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service.
- We believe that the initial physical evidence of the baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘speaking in tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced in the Bible.
- We believe that God separates believers from evil at salvation and continues to separate believers from evil in a progressive lifelong process as believers draw closer to God and become more Christ-like.
- We believe that Christians (people who have accepted God's offer of redemption regardless of religious denomination) have a purpose…to seek and save all who are lost in sin.
- We believe that our church leadership has the responsibility to lead believers to commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, and to encourage the body of believers–the Church.
- We believe that God’s healing of the sick is a benefit for Christians and is provided for through Christ’s death.
- We believe in “The Sacred Hope”—when Jesus gathers His Church prior to His return to earth (the second coming). At this future moment, all believers will be gathered to Christ forever.
- We believe in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His believers at His second coming and begins His rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring about the salvation of national Israel and the establish universal peace.
- We believe a final judgement will take place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and face to eternal punishment.
- We believe and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever.
Download the full Statement of Fundamental Truths PDF.